USANA® Chelated Mineral
Top-rated daily mineral supplement for adults.
Fast food is all about convenience, and very little about nutrition. That’s why it’s important to choose fresh fruits and vegetables, natural or organic meats, and whole-grain everything. Supplements are a great way to add the minerals you need to your daily diet, especially if you are not sure you are getting the right amounts. Minerals are important for cell building and repair, because they help your body turn food into energy, keeping your body functioning properly.
USANA Chelated Mineral is effective because it contains high-quality minerals in highly bioavailable forms. Taken daily combined with USANA Mega Antioxidant, USANA Chelated Mineral is part of the USANA Essentials™ of great nutrition. New USANA customers start with the USANA Essentials in order to build a strong foundation of health.*
USANA Chelated Mineral Health Basics
- Provides the essential minerals in highly bioavailable forms at safe and effective dosages
- Supports long-term health and well-being with energy-supporting co-enzymes*
- Supports healthy vision*
- Helps convert carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into energy*
- Supports bone, joint, and dental health*
- Designed to be taken with Mega Antioxidant for maximum benefit. Together, Mega Antioxidant and Chelated Mineral compose the USANA Essentials™ for adults.
USANA Chelated Mineral Difference
USANA Chelated Mineral
Top-rated daily mineral supplement for adults.
USANA's Chelated Mineral is a carefully formulated balance of essential minerals and ultra trace minerals sourced from the highest quality suppliers in forms readily absorbed by the body.*
The Importance of Minerals
Minerals and trace elements represent less than one half of one percent of the total nutrients we consume every day. Yet, without them, our bodies would be unable to function. Minerals balance and regulate our body chemistry, build teeth and bones, help efficiently metabolize nutrients, and provide antioxidant support. Many vitamins and enzymes also need a mineral co-factor to function properly. Each mineral plays many roles in the body.
The most common mineral in the body, calcium is essential for healthy bones and teeth. It also is vital to many important processes in the body, including regulating the acid/alkaline balance, promoting healthy nerve and muscle function, and maintaining healthy blood flow and blood clotting, which is important for cardiovascular health.*
Because it helps regulate calcium levels, magnesium is essential for the formation and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth, which is where 70 percent of the body’s magnesium is found. It is involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates and amino acids, necessary for energy production, and it plays an important role in neuromuscular contractions. Every organ, including the lungs, kidneys, and heart, needs a proper balance of magnesium to function optimally. It is also an activator of hundreds of enzymes essential to life.*
Iodine is a crucial component in the production of thyroid hormones, which regulate metabolism, growth, reproduction, and the synthesis of protein. Supplemental iodine is especially important for people on a vegetarian diet, those who avoid seafood, or those who must restrict their salt intake.*
A component of hundreds of enzymes, zinc is involved in carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism, as well as DNA and RNA replication. It is important for wound healing, insulin production, and hormone function. Zinc also acts as an antioxidant, aids in healthy bone structure development, promotes healthy immune function and healthy vision, and supports normal fetal growth.*
Selenium is an essential component of the glutathione peroxidase antioxidant system, which helps combat the effects of free radicals, such as premature aging. It plays an important role in thyroid hormone metabolism and supports a healthy immune system. In addition, many studies have shown that selenium is important for retaining prostate health.*
Copper is a critical component of the enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD), is an important antioxidant in cell cytoplasm, and acts as a catalyst in the formation of hemoglobin. Copper is also essential for collagen synthesis and healthy nerve function.*
Important for fat and carbohydrate metabolism, manganese is necessary for maintaining a healthy, normal blood-glucose balance as well as proper brain function. It is an important co-factor in the production of glycosaminoglycans, compounds that make up cartilage and connective tissues, bones, arteries, and other organs. It activates numerous enzymes, and supplementation with manganese can enhance the SOD enzyme system to increase antioxidant activity and help reduce damaging effects of free radicals.*
Today’s poor diets and unhealthy lifestyles often put stress on the body’s blood-glucose control mechanisms. Chromium is an important component of the glucose tolerance factor (GTF), which helps retain healthy glucose metabolism, provided it is healthy to begin with. Healthy insulin and glucose levels are beneficial for weight management and sustained energy levels throughout the day.*
An important co-factor for a number of enzymes, molybdenum is necessary for removing wastes and toxins from the body. It also helps strengthen teeth.
Boron supports the body’s ability to use calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. It also plays a role in brain function.
Vanadium helps support healthy serum glucose levels, provided they are healthy to begin with, and may also help retain healthy thyroid function.*
Maintaining a good balance of silicon in the body is important for maintaining strong bones, connective tissues, and skin health. It also supports healthy blood vessels.
Why USANA Essentials Chelated Mineral?
Because it is one half of the USANA Essentials—the top-rated supplements in the world—you can trust that USANA Chelated Mineral is the best mineral supplement you can use to protect your health every day. Formulated by a team of nutritional-science experts using highly bioavailable forms of each nutrient, the USANA Essentials surpass virtually every competitor for completeness, potency, and quality. USANA is proud to be one of only a handful of manufacturers who makes our products in our own state-of-the-art facility, which allows us to oversee the entire production cycle to ensure that our products deliver only the safest, most effective formulas for you and your family.
USANA Essentials Chelated Mineral
USANA Essentials Chelated Mineral Supplement Facts
Directions: Take two (2) tablets twice daily, preferably with food.
• Age-Related Eye Disease Study Research Group. The Age-Related Eye Disease Study: a clinical trial of zinc and antioxidants--Age-Related Eye Disease Study Report No. 2. 2000. J Nutr 130(5S Suppl):1516S-9S.
• Barringer TA, Kirk JK, Santaniello AC, Foley KL, Michielutte R. Effect of a multivitamin and mineral supplement on infection and quality of life. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. 2003. Ann Intern Med 138(5):365-71.
• Etminan M, FitzGerald JM, Gleave M, Chambers K. Intake of selenium in the prevention of prostate cancer: a systematic review and metaanalysis. 2005. Cancer Causes Control 16(9):1125-31.
• Fraker PJ, King LE, Laakko T, Vollmer TL. The Dyanmic Link between the Integrity of the Immune System and Zinc Status. 2000. J Nutr 130:1399S-406S.
• Jacobsen R, Lorenzen JK, Toubro S, Krog-Mikkelsen I, Astrup A. Effect of short-term high dietary calcium intake on 24-h energy expenditure, fat oxidation, and fecal fat excretion. 2005. International Journal of Obesity 29:292-301.
• Jaiswal JK. Calcium - how and why?. 2001. J Biosci 26(3):357-63.
• Laires MJ, Monteiro CP. Bicho M. Role of cellular magnesium in health and human disease. 2004. Front Biosci 9:262-76.
• MacDonald RS. The role of zinc in growth and cell proliferation. 2000. J Nutr 130(5S Suppl):1500S-8S.
• Otten JJ, Hellwig JP, Meyers LD. Dietary Reference Intakes: The Essential Guide to Nutrient Requirements. 2006. The National Academies Press, Washington D.C.
• Saltman PD, Strause LG. The role of trace minerals in osteoporosis. 1993. J Am Coll Nutr 12(4):384-9.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. †Some images and text in this publication are the copyrights of USANA Health Sciences, Inc. and are reproduced with their permission.